So I’m currently working on several book tours and enjoying them very much! I also have several ARCs through NetGalley to review. And I don’t know about you sometimes all of this can feel a little overwhelming. So I’ve got a few hard-won tips on how to keep your ARC and Book Tours in line and make everything a little easier.
Theses tips will be practical admit to the fact that some of us all put things off to the last minute.
- Start early if you can. If you have a list of ARCS or Tour books do them by the first tour date. The caveat being if one of them is for a publisher. *cough* Big 5 *cough* They get pushed to the front of the list and paid more attention just in case that lands you more from that publisher in the reviews in the future.
- Give yourself time to digest what you’re reading don’t finish a book and have the review the day after make sure you give yourself time to think about the review.
- If you can’t do either of the above speedread from when you know the book is due, hopefully, making it your only focus and hopefully not the day before.
- Be sure to pay attention to the publication date on your ARC: especially if you are on Netgalley or Edelweiss.
- My personal tip is to keep a spreadsheet of all your upcoming ARC and Book Tour Books, a calendar is also a good idea for this purpose just to keep track of what you have on your radar.
Interested in more tips and tricks check out my Patreon, bookish info and and tarot tips.