Disability Readathon? I was on the fence about it because it puts me at 4 readathons this month. A great plan coming out of a slow month, well that remains to be seen but there are too many good readathons going on right now so it’s not all my fault. I’m also doing the Autism Readathon, am I going overboard honoring disability month, yes, probably, but I talk about it all year long so why not put my reading where my talking is.
I’ll go into more detail about the books in my TBR, I just wanted to show what I picked out here.
This readathon has categories so you can customize it as you wish.
For Category 1 the the choices are
- Read a children’s book (middle grade or younger)
- Watch a video of a disabled person talking about ableism
- Read a text about traveling while disabled
- Read a play by a disabled person
I’m reading a book middle grade or younger. For this one I picked out Song for A Whale
- Watch a movie with a disabled actor
- Read a book set in space
- Read a text by a disabled trans person
- Read a text about service animals
- Read a book with green on the cover
- Read a book from the library
- Watch a video about adaptive technology
- Read a text by someone with the same disability as you (OCD)
- Read a book written before you were born
- Read and share three tweets by disabled people of color
- Listen to a podcast/read its transcript
- Read a book that’s been on your TBR for over a year
Check out tomorrow to see my Disability Readathon TBR and join me as I take part in a reading sprint!